Focus on Distinction

John laPlante's blog. The title comes from the idea that there is often some critical detail that makes all the difference in a design, a movie, an event, etc. I am espeically interested in usability and design.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Searching the iPod File System

I've for sometime wanted to search my iPod file system.

I've for sometime wanted to serach my iPod file system using. I can see the files, sort of crippled, but they are visible in the Windows Explorer. It occured to me that I could make this list with a command line argument. After a few mintues here it is.
E:\iPod_Control\Music>dir /S >c:\iTunesMusisList.txt

Now I have a text file that lists every song and which folders they are in. I'm sure this idea could be extended in all kinds of nifty ways. Now that I'm able to get the list, I'll think about how I might make this more helpful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home